Dear faculty, staff and instructors,
As we prepare for our January 6 go-live with Workday, there are additional key dates and deadlines for some of our Finance and People and Culture processes. As a result, you may need to complete some tasks earlier than typically required.
Your support in working to meet these deadlines helps us ensure our faculty, staff, and instructors are paid correctly and enables us to have complete and accurate information to move from Banner into Workday.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- November 11, 2019: Submit a change of your personal financial information (direct deposit bank details, tax elections, etc.) to People and Culture
- November 13, 2019: Submit vacation and non-instructional duty time for Spring semester to your division chair using current process (faculty only)
- November 22, 2019: Submit approved cash advance requests to Accounts Payable
- December 6, 2019: Submit approved petty cash requests (with receipts) to Student Accounts
- December 11, 2019: Submit approved purchase requisitions or change order requests to Purchasing; Submit approved expense reports or cheque requests to Accounts Payable
- December 13, 2019: Submit all vacation and time-off requests for leaves taken up to December 25, 2019; Submit sick time, overtime, timesheets for absences and time up to December 13, 2019
- December 18, 2019: Submit sick time, overtime, timesheets for absences and time between December 14-18, 2019
Note: For vacation between January 2-10, 2020, please notify your manager by email and enter it in Workday after go-live on January 6 and before Jan 9. Paper absence or leave requests will not be accepted after January 1, 2020.
Contacts and Transition Plan
All data entry on these tasks will be frozen between the deadlines listed above and the go-live of Workday. Once Workday goes live on January 6, 2020, you’ll be able to submit requests, complete tasks, and monitor these processes through Workday.
For emergency issues related to Finance deadlines, please contact: email@example.com. For emergency issues related to People and Culture deadlines, please contact your manager (staff) or dept. chair (faculty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get ready for Workday:
- Register online for instructor-led training, running November 25 to December 9.
- Explore our website and see what’s changing for staff and faculty.
- Save the date! Our final Workday@Langara Open House will be December 11, 2019.
Viktor Sokha, Workday@Langara Executive Sponsor and
Jane Mason, Vice-President, People and Culture